In very basic terms, I totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information I really need from you. I will look after it, in the same way, I would want mine looking after, keeping it secure! I will only share it with others where I need their help to deliver my service to you. Be assured that I will never share your information in any other circumstances, nor will I sell it on elsewhere! Here are more details:
What information is being collected?
- I collect a variety of information when you place an order with Just Big Smiles and/or use any of my services. This includes:
- Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with me.
- Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using my services.
- Details and notes taken throughout a photo session or service provided to help me remember conversations during and details of your session.
- If you email me or send me messages via social media, these messages are stored within my email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow me to provide you with better future services.
Who is collecting the data?
- This data is collected by Just Big Smiles. Just Big Smiles adheres to the principles of the Data Protection Act (DPA).
How is it being collected?
- Most of my data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form online, or tell me face to face, via the telephone, via email or message.
- In some cases, data may be given to me by a third party. This includes if somebody purchases a voucher for you – they will usually give me your name and details to allow me to process their order, and provide my service to you.
Why is it being collected?
- Most of the data I collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered or had ordered for you.
- Some of the data I collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience.
- I am required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with me, to comply with HMRC accounting regulations.
How will it be used?
- Data I collect will be used by Just Big Smiles to enable me to provide my services and products to you.
- Contact data (email addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from Just Big Smiles about upcoming promotions or newsletters. These can be unsubscribed from at any time.<
- Just Big Smiles may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
Who will it be shared with?
- I take your privacy very seriously. I do not sell your data to third-party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow me to provide my services to you. These include:
- Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow me to send you documentation and orders you have placed. Information shared includes name, address and in some cases email address/mobile number
- Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – I will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
How will this affect you?
- I collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
How long is the data stored?
- Most data I collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow me to provide a better service to you as a customer if you contact me again in the future.
- I am legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example, payment records.
Access to stored data.
- If you have any questions about data I hold about you, please feel free to contact me.
- You may request a copy of any data I store about you.
- If you would like any clarification on how I collect, store or process your data – please contact me at
- If you would like further information on the legal guidelines I operate within or have any concerns about how I use your data, please check the ICO’s website at www.ico.org.uk.
- This business is owned and operated by Jim Barrett-Smith, trading as Just Big Smiles
- My principal place of business is at Miander, Sylvan Way, Blofield Heath, Norfolk, NR13 4QL
- You can contact me in writing to the above address, or by email to